How to travel with hand luggage only?
I’m the happiest when I discover a cheap plane ticket. The thing is, low cost airlines offer plane tickets for profoundly low prices. However, the latter suggests that we can travel without surcharge and normally with a 10kg hand luggage only.
And then there’s a decision to make. Will a young, eager to travel woman stuff all her clothes into a hand luggage suitcase? And will her partner leave a pair of shoes at home on account of few extra clothes from her? This is what I ask myself before every travel. But I know from experience that packing wisely enables me to travel with hand luggage only.
I customized certain directions that can come in handy when packing (especially for everyone that would like to pack on their own):
- First, put on the heaviest clothes (coats, jackets, jeans and heavy shoes, etc.).
- When packing, try to fold your clothes and not merely put them into a suitcase.
- Plan for a week wardrobe (for example, if you’re headed to the seaside, you will probably wear a bathing suit throughout the day, so you only need a shirt and trousers for the evening). You can also wear the same shoes and trousers for days – surely no one knows you’ve worn the same outfit the day before.
- Regarding personal hygiene – buy small plastic bottles (100 ml) and pour in soap, shampoo or balsam. You can also buy small shampoos, soaps and toothpastes in drugstores. In order to show all the items at the airport right away, put everything into vacuum sealed plastic bags. Don’t forget that the allowed liquid quantity for hand luggage is 10 x 100 ml. Keep in mind that hotels at your destination might already offer small personal hygiene products.
Here is also a list of items you shouldn’t forget when traveling (for 7-day warm-weather getaways):
- Passport / ID
- international health insurance information
- plane tickets and data on your reservation of suite
- credit cards and money
- anorak or jacket for cold nights
- jeans or trousers (we can already put them on)
- trainers or other closed footwear (also appropriate for traveling)
- shorts (2 or 3)
- T-shirts (5)
- swimwear (2)
- shirts and other clothes to wear in the evening (5)
- underwear (7)
- sandals and flip-flops to wear to the beach
- pyjamas/nightgown (1)
- socks (3)
Personal hygiene and medicine
- toothpaste and toothbrush
- small deodorant
- sun cream (100 ml)
- band aids
- constipation/anti-diarrhea tablets
- tablets for headache/fever
- phone charger
- power plug adapter (if necessary)
- daily or evening handbags
With you. Your Bloomlite.